Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Brake Parts Cleaner

I learned a valuable lesson this week and feel compelled to share it with you!
IF you happen to drive down a road with a sign that says FRESH OIL... I now know what will take the oil off your car.

I did this a few weeks back... They are repaving all the roads in Fayetteville and it was time to repave the road at the bottom of the hill. I really had no option, I had to get on the road even though it said fresh oil. I thought, how bad can it be? VERY BAD!!! I had oil all over my car. Obviously, the car wash would have been useless as well all know oil and water don't mix. I called around for some estimates to get it off and was astounded to hear it would be upwards of $150. But on one call the guy told me to use break parts cleaner. So I rode down to Walmart in my two tone car and bought 2 cans of the stuff - $1.50 each. I tried to hype myself up for lots of elbow grease. To my surprise, it wasn't that tough to get off - a bit of force but not too much.

So there's your lesson for the day boys and girls - I hope you can use this if you need it or pass it along...

No comments: