Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Update

I had a very busy weekend this past week - and an interesting week to say the least - here are the highlights!
Wednesday I went to renew my driver's license - always a good time to be had at the DMV! My last picture was really good, so I made sure to practice really hard for this one too. After many, many self portraits with the ever present digital camera, I felt confident I could master a smile that did not look fake and that I would be OK with for the next 4 years... So I headed out. I waltzed into the DMV and grabbed a ticket # and was immediately served (yes, hell must be freezing over). The attendant took my picture and jokingly asked "Did you practice" - yes mam I did! She wasn't prepared for me to say Yes I think but she just sorta laughed...and I was on my way.

Friday, I headed to B'ville to get my hair cut. Lindsey and Stella came and hung out for the 3 hour event. I think I saw them more last week than I have in the past 6 months and Stella is out of her French stage.
Then Friday evening was our Junior League New Member retreat at Mt. Sequoyah. Erin and I headed up the hill to the lodge area where we spent the next 18 hours learning all about the year ahead of us with the Junior League. It was a great evening and morning. We did some volunteer work on Saturday which is always very rewarding. I'm very excited to be a part of this great group of women and to meet so many new people in Northwest Arkansas!

Saturday evening we had plans to go to Shogun with Dan and Michelle and Lane and Mark came along as well. It was tasty as always! Dan is also lucky enough to receive the distinction of having a "notable quote" on the column to the right...Then we headed down to Dickson Street to see the local favorite Maud Crawford. Brad and Jennifer were there and had a front row table saved which was great!



Sunday was a pretty lazy day - didn't roll out of bed until about noon. Amanda and Suzanne had a pool party which I was supposed to bring a dessert to, I was stoked about some banana pudding but it didn't really turn out that well - it looked a little more like banana soup so that was scratched. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging by the pool ...

No comments: