Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Friday, January 23, 2009

Bad Blogger, Bad Blogger!!!

I know, I know – I’ve been a very bad blogger this week! However, don’t feel sad, my blog is not the only thing I’ve totally ignored most of this week – I haven’t shaved my legs in longer, so there…
What a week it’s been! I can’t yet blog about the Inauguration of Barack Obama, for I’ve not even watched the Inauguration yet… yep, that’s how behind I am! I can say that I got an officially “signed” Barack Obama Sharpie® today at the BlogWell Conference in Chicago from the Sharpie® lady – who was super cool even before I knew she had free Sharpies.®

More to come on the BlogWell Conference in a separate post… but I tweeted about it so if you need instant grat – twitter search #BlogWell and you can read the entire days entries from all the participants – I will say that the internet reception in the venue was much less than desirable, especially since this was a conference dedicated to digital and social media.

On Wednesday, Robin Miller of the Food Network was on-sight to film some short video segments for some upcoming items. It was a great day, but very busy. Segment shoots are always very tedious and make for a super long day, or few days as they all roll into one. I should start by saying that instead of watching the Inauguration live, I was out shopping for items to create a “homey” looking kitchen and other items that would make a good quick change as well as pretty plate presentations without looking super dated in 6 months, because I hope to keep using these segments for a long time to come!!! Here's the before and after... it doesn't look all that exciting in still but the shots look great! Also, the flowers are from BLOOM in Bentonville - a fabulous local florist!
Tuesday evening I had a delicious meal at Shogun with a few of our agency team and my boss. No, the immense amounts of food and butter and rice and noodles at Shogun is so not on my diet plan, but I’d been running my ass off in the cold and super tall boots all day so whatev… I ran extra Tuesday night and Wednesday morning so I feel like I made up for it.
Back to the shoot – we had the Corporate Marketing team there – all 2 of us and 2 agency team members, along with Robin, a local makeup artist, camera crew and kitchen crew including a food stylist. The last thing we needed was more “directors” especially those that referred to themselves as such. Nevertheless, we managed, even literally with too many cooks in the kitchen to wrap 10 minutes ahead of time! And I yet again got to over use my favorite phrases “Quiet on the set” “ACTION” “CUT” I also had to revert to a few “Shut the hell up’s” too … We shot about 8 segments in total during the day. When we broke for lunch we had the joys of utilizing our in-house chef team, which did a fabulous job! It’s so nice to have our very own version of craft services just a few feet away at all time! By the time 5 o’clock rolled around I was beat – I don’t even really remember making it home and up there stairs but I woke up about 7 pm and feeling refreshed, went for a run.

We’ve got another Robin Miller video segment shoot coming up in a few weeks and I really hope it goes just as smoothly – she’s such a joy to work with! I’ll also be going to NYC with her in just a very few short weeks for a project!
Interesting little piece of trivia – she loves her some ghetto rap and hip-hop! I will totally be making a “mix tape” for the next shoot. I was not aware of her music taste so I wasn’t prepared – I do have to say that Pandora and Slacker came to the rescue – such great (& free) iPhone apps with unlimited access to all types of music any time of day!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hahaha, love your blunt truthfulness about having to call the shots ;-)

Sounds fun though!

Lynn said...

oooh, I love Pandora!