Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

If it ain't broke... don't break it just because you can

I sometimes wonder if some people just pick something to "call out" or change because they feel like they should put their 2 cents in on a decision. I can't say I'm not guilty of this, but there's a strong change that at times some people take this power way overboard!
I've been in meetings where a group is reviewing concept designs and after everyone has gone around the room and given feedback, someone feels the need to say something totally off topic or something that goes against the entire groups thinking. I know - it could happen, that not everyone agrees on an idea - it should happen, but the moral of the story is don't wait until the very end. Voice your opinion early and constructively.
The same goes for complaining just to complain, I'm more guilty of this than the above noted. 

So, with all that said, I'm hoping by getting back into my blog and writing more that will help with my own complaining. I know I'm very blessed in my life. I have a wonderful boyfriend - who gets the most of my complaining and I can't be appreciative enough for his listening to me. I'm very grateful to have job in this economy, especially knowing that my old team at my previous company was eliminated - things do happen for a reason. I have really great friends of all walks of life that definitely keep me grounded and learning every day.  I'm lucky to have my entire immediate family in such close proximity, even though that streak of luck is not always so evident. 

No comments: