Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Monday, April 13, 2009

What did the Easter Bunny bring you?

Pretty sure he brought me 5 more pounds - seriously we ate all day long on Sunday - it was great! =)
After Mass we went to brunch at Savor with my parents and sister, I had crab cakes Benedict and dark chocolate creme brulee - it was so very good! Then not 4 hours later, we went to eat at MZ's parents house with his parents and his aunt and uncle from Florida, we had a ham and all the fixins' - again another tasty meal and I just can't say no to home cooked meals - so of course I did not. 
It was such a dreary day on Easter there wasn't much else to do except eat and take a nap and we sure could scratch both of those off our list!
On Saturday, my mom and I worked at the M&N Augustine Foundation 16th annual Easter Feed for the homeless and hungry. As expected this was the biggest year ever - we served over 5,000 meals between those who came in to eat and the meals we shipped out to those who would not have a hot meal over the weekend like the Meals on Wheels recipients, the women's shelter and the jails.
It's such a rewarding event and I love participating each year!

3 comments:

Lis said...

That's so awesome that you and your Mom volunteered on Saturday!!

Sounds like you had a really great Easter weekend! :)

Shasta said...

That is amazing. What a great way to spend Easter weekend. I love hearing about great events like this that really benefit those in need!

michalsam said...


https://victoriasearafrozenchicken.com/