Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Sunday, June 8, 2008

SEX AND THE CITY: THE MOVIE

Last week was the premier of SEX AND THE CITY: THE MOVIE! I flew out to Denver to watch the movie with my best friend Elizabeth. It was a great mini vacation and of course a FABULOUS movie. We also had a pre movie party – “The Return of Martini’s and Manolo’s.” Holly very graciously hosted party at her super swank LoDo loft that is only a few blocks away from the movie theater.

The party was a blast and I met so many new and interesting people. Most people dressed up in fun party dresses and everyone brought a bottle of martini related alcohol and Holly printed cute little recipes for new types of drinks. I made my staples – Cosmopolitans and Pomegranate Martini’s.

It was a great way to get in the SATC spirit before the movie. It was so fun to know that people everywhere had parties and got all dressed up for the movie! And yes, I will continue to make fun of Trekkies and Star Wars nerds – although I wore a fabulous cocktail dress and some rockin’ shoes, I did not wear a Chewbacca suit or pointy ears and a color block jump suit.
In other Denver news, we did a lot of retail therapy and drank a lot – both things that Elizabeth and I excel in! One afternoon, we went to a Champagne Bar for Happy Hour – boy were we happy and bubbly!!!Chad and Liz live in Englewood, CO actually and there is a light rail station very close to their house which is really convenient – however we found out the hard way that the light rail stops running at 2 am … note to self… must leave down town prior to 2 am or risk pulling people out of bed to come get us. THANKS CHAD!!! I came home on Sunday on yet another fun Frontier flight!

No comments: