So some of my New Years Resolutions are as follows, I'll probably think of more:
- visit my Grandmother more, she lives in the same town and I only see her on holidays because some of my family can't get along - that is not my problem - I get along with them just fine and should not be influenced by their bickering.
- drink less, I can't say that I've ever really had heart burn but after the 2 bottles of wine I put away on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I think I may have experienced it - not cool... so for that and other reason (one being MZ "teasing" me about being an alky) I'm going to drink less. My first step is that NO I do not need a glass of wine while getting ready to go out and henceforth drink more...
- on the flip side I would like to somehow find a better appreciation for "real" wine... I love me some cheap sweet wine - such as Moscato. I would like to be better educated if nothing else - I hate being at dinner and not knowing what kind of wine to order and not just the rule of what goes with what, because I honestly think one should drink what they like not what is "etiquette appropriate" but I don't really even know what's out there and what means what....
- Read more - at least read one book more than what I'm supposed to read for book club.
- Become a better conversationalist - I'm just no good at asking questions of others - yes I know I'm a brat. But sometimes I really feel like people only ask "how are you" or "how was your weekend" because they feel like they should - most of the time they don't care and I hate just saying "good" just to provide an answer and then starts the back and forth - most of the time I really don't care to share or care to hear, so now you'll know if I ask you a question - I genuinely mean it, I do really want to know... hey it makes sense in my head.
- Run more
So that's some of my resolutions - I think they are achievable.